Friday, July 16, 2010

M&M In Review

I am going to stick this entry here then censor it for the players before sticking it in the main blog. This is something I've been meaning to do before a month after the fact but hey no one is perfect you know? Sure you do! And if you don't I don't care this isn't for you.

Session one- General thoughts:

1) The players did suprisingly well with the fire thing. It took them awhile to find their sea legs and get used to being, well you know super heros but they picked up on it in fine fashion. They came up with some genuinely clever ways of dealing with the fires and for that I am relieved, for the most part.

2) The final battle didn't go as well as I would of liked, it was my first real attempt to deal with the M&M combat system and my first real attempt at sating out a credible threat to the players. As the for credible threat, well oh yeah I gave them that in spades. Oops.

3) I liked the character of Hiesenburg a lot, and I am looking fowards to the time when I get to use him again. I think her is highly evocative and I think the next time he shows up he will be fighting along side the players.

The first game session was awefully short.

Session 2 Part 1

1) The players did an amazing job following up on leads and stuff I had around for them to do. It gave me a belly full of warm fuzzies and I actually let the scene go on for much longer than intended because of it.

2) The actual game session itself though was a bit of a mess. First up they are terrified of splitting up. For the next game session when they beat up Tesla I am going to force situations where they end up seperated from each other just so that I can show them that it is okay. I think when I make it happen I am going to make it so that one set of players will be in a hazard room, and the other set of players will be in a possition to turn off the hazard room. Maybe not.

3) GGetting to know the actual gangs was a bit of a hoot. Mostly though they were knocking around low level members but it enabled me to flesh out what each of the gangs are doing over there in Devil's Den and how it works. I like it quite a bit.

4) Of all the gangs I statted out and tried the only ones that ended up being a credible threat was the Suburban Knights. I like them! Cory didn't though. So what I am going to have to do, is prolly change the way that nullified skills come back. So the next time I nullify cory's sword it isn't so damning.

5) Give Tyson a hero point for his actions against the Baseball furies. He selfishly made himself the arch enemy of that entire gang in order to prevent move voilence from happening. He deserves something for that because it was prolly the most heroic thing any of them have done.

6) Locations that I need to play more atension to in the Devil's Den for when they go back, The Furies Secret Base, The Hospital, The Night Club this isn't a pressing thing at the moment. I'll deal with it when I can.

7) Oh god they need some sort of lession in how to interogate people. What I am thinking of happening is occationally doing fade to black moments. Like in the time traveling episode of the Justice League when Future Batman walked at the camera all menecingly. Awesome. Heh Batman playing good cop. I am amused.

8) I need to do something with the Furies, and the Buttons in terms of how they feel about the players. I think I will have something in the next game session involving one or both of the groups.

9) I love my excuse for Cory's absence from the last game. I wish the game was easier to run then I could have a much larger stable of players and play it like the Justice Leauge.

10) I am glad to see my concern of running a game where the players do nothing but run around punching the villian of the week is more or less unfounded. I am able to get a wide variety of differnent game sessions and they seem to enjoy them for the most part.

11) I like the Circ Du Strange quite a bit and I think I will use them more in the future a capricious foil to the wrath of the Nazis which will be showing up shortly.

12) Okay I think that is it. FOR THE FUTURE!

1) I want to run next weeks game session leave another ominous hint of some sort of encroaching danger that no one really wants to talk about.

2) I want to have the Furies make some sort of appearance at the intital fight just before they are abducted.

3) I want them to do the next game session and then I want to put them on the road the Shangri-la

4) On the road the Nazi Dolphins will show up, as will the Beast from the Middle East.

5) I want the road to take at least two to three game sessions. I want to make it so that getting inside Shangri-la is a very big deal and I want the dangers of them veing sinde there to also be a very big deal. So we are looking at most of August to get them in there, the entire month if we include a sasha visit.

6) Ultimatly I want the Circ Du Strange to help them get into Shangri La I am not sure how I am going to run this, but I can use Jame's company as a back up plan.

7) Over the course of the road to Shangrila I am going to flesh out Jame's company and possible do more with the Buttons and the Furies.



Time Line

21st We do Tesla

28th We start the road to Shangri La introduce Dolphins

4th Contiune the road Introduce Beast of the middle east

11th Either wrap up the road to Shangrila or put them in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment